- The Wacky Posters were released in 1973, the series contains 24 titles, numbered 1-24.
- Packs are yellow and contain one poster and a piece of gum.
- Except for two titles (Toadal and Wacky Garbage) the posters were repaintings of titles from the regular 1st - 8th series.
- The posters are not reproductions of the stickers but were completely repainted. The paintings are the exact same size as the posters themselves.
- Blast Blew Ribbon, Mex-Pax, and Hurtz from the 7th series were not originally painted by Norm Saunders, but he has redone them in his own style for the posters. (In addition Ditch Boy was redone for the 1974 posters.)
- The posters were re-released in 1974, except Toadal, Cheapios, and Weakies were replaced by other titles.
- The 1974 posters were much more widely distributed than the 1973 posters.
- Since the Toadal, Weakies, and Cheapios poster images appear only as 1973 posters, they are the most valuable posters, generally going for a couple hundred dollars each on ebay.
- The "Toadal" parody appears only as a 1973 poster and nowhere else, making it the most sought after of all the posters.
- The title "Wacky Garbage" appears only as a 1973/4 poster and nowhere else.
- The 1974 posters can be differentiated from their 1973 counterparts by the fact that the 1973 posters have a slightly larger white border.
- A Taster's Choke poster was painted but not used, it was discovered when Topps auctioned off the original art in July of 2004.