Return to the Wacky Packages main page
Wacky Packages Vintage Clothing
The following shirts are known to exist:
- In 1973/4 and again around 1981 Topps authorized official sets of Wacky Pack T-shirts and other apparel.
- There are both legitimate and bootlegs items going around:
- The so-called "ringer" shirts, which were white with a colored collar and have the Topps copyright, are definitely an official products, those came out both around 1973/4 and in the early 80's.
- Any shirts or sweatshirts with copyrights are also believed to be legitimate and not bootlegs.
- The Allison company was making legitimate shirts with Topps copyright.
- There were some large vintage iron-ons made, and some of the oddball no-copyright shirts may just be made from those.
- Some shirts had single titles, some had multiple titles. Little is known about exactly which titles existed.
- They are pretty few and far between these days, collectors seem to have about 40-50 of them in total (as of Jan 2005).
- In the movie "The Bad News Bears" there is a scene with a kid wearing a Kentucky Fried Fingers shirt.
- White ringer shirts (definitely Topps authorized; has copyright):
- Colored ringer shirts with copyright (mysteries)
- Sweatshirts (probably Topps authorized; has copyright):
- Ringer shirts with no copyright (mysteries)
- Non-ringer shirts with copyright
- Non-ringer shirts without copyright
- Mysteries and Rumors (it's a rumor until I see a picture!)
Thanks to Ernie de la Fuentes, John Crespy, Dave Gross, Rich Burley, Jeff Rader, Bill Kinnaird, Frodis, Mike Danzer, Tom Moore, Tom Pazel for pictures and information.