Topps Wacky Packages 1991 Series
Return to the Wacky Packages homepage
Topps Wacky Packages
- This was the second attempt to revive Wackys without Norm Saunders, the first being in 1985. This series was overseen by Mark Newgarden, with 14 of the final paintings being done by John Pound.
- The following note appears at the bottom of the checklist: "Editor: Mark Newgarden. Writers: Jordan Bochanis, Jay Lynch, Drew Friedman, John Mariano, Mark Newgarden, Russ Rieley. Artists: Tomas Bunk, Drew Friedman, Pat Piggot, John Pound, XNO"
- There are 55 titles, with 15 variations, making for a true count of 70 stickers.
- Card number 26 has two different fronts
- The remaining fourteen variations are back variations (see master checklist below).
- Twelve titles have two different backs.
- Card number 36 has three different backs.
- Packs contained five stickers, no gum. Checklists were printed on the backs of several of the stickers.
- There are two versions of the box, a 48 count box and a 60 count box.
- Tattoo Skins was pulled and replaced by Barf's.
- Barf's is much harder to find, so Tattoo Skins must have been pulled late in production.
- Tattoo Skins tend to be found in the priced packs, and Barf's tend to be found in the unpriced packs. We estimate this is true more than 90% of the time.
- There was a 2nd series planned for 1992, many titles were painted, but for some reason it never saw the light of day. A handful of the lost 1992 titles were used in the 2004 1st series. A few more were used in Flashback II.
Some titles have still never been used, for lots more information, see this excellent page on the lost 1992 series.
Trucker's Strawberry Traffic Jam
Stupid Moron Bros.
Hidden Valley Stench
Squelch's Grape Juice
Little Dead Kitten
Retch A Sketch
Oldage Mutant Nasty Turkeys
Nude Kids On The Block
Wheel Of Torture
Old El Gaso
One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Dead Fish
The Rat In The Cat
Snot 'N Blow
The Babysplitters Club
Donkey Nose Pizza